View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Brake Failure 3400RL

We have traveled from Apache Junction, AZ to Bend, Or in the last 4 days. Had tire valve core leaking problems one day and finally got it fixed near Sacremento, CA. But after going through several mountain passes with many several mile 6% grades I didn't feel comfortable the brakes on our late 2006 3400RL were working right. About 50 miles South of Bend, OR on Highway 97, any time the brakes were applied, the front end of the truck would be sharply pulled to the left. First thought it might be a truck brake problem but as we limped into Bend, I became convinced that one side of the 3400RL brakes were not working any more. Proved to be true when I disconnected from the RV at the dealer since the truck by itself did not exhibit the problem.

We have the 3400RL at the local (All Seasons RV & Marine) Montana dealer to address a list of over 26 warranty repair items that need to be fixed. However, previously, most were annoying/poor quality issues however, the brake isssue is a real safety issue. If the brakes had failed completely on some the mountain passes we may not have been here to report this problem. I suspect the issue is that the wires are shorting out as has been reported earlier by others. If this proves to be true then Montana has a legal obligation to recall all 3400RL's.

We will see how well Montana and the local dealer respond to these repair requirements. I will follow up with areport as to how this issue gets resolved.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote