View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 AM   #20
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Whew, all this information is a confirmation that we all have experience to some degree of weight concerns - whether we are old hands or newbies - that said - since we purchased our 3400 in May, we have weighed on each trip because we changed what we carried, took out something we decided we didn't need - put in something we thought we would need on any given trip. So far this Summer, we've attended a Rally - needed the fun things; Family reunion - needed family momentos; camping with friends - the bells and whistle things for camping - now - we are in transition from long-terming to what I refer to as intermediate full timing - full timing, but not for life.....so we sell the house, store what we want to keep, rid ourselves of everything else - or that "stuff" that can be purchased again down the road, and load up the 3400. Space bags (thanks, Vicki R) double duty objects - a hassock with storage, a roll around cabinet that fits in the front closet (a must have for a pet's supplies) since we do not have the w/d or the generator, we used the generator in the 3295 1 time in 2 years, we picked up a ton of space, but since we are keeping weight in mind, we are careful what we put there. Our unit came with gel coat, dual pane windows so no choice - I have issues with leaving behind those "homey" things that make me happy (one of which is a set of golf clubs - for hubby, it's fishing poles) so you can see, we have to make choices - we have loaded a few of the treasures from home for holidays, for making life special on the road, (and not just camping out), and we have yet to make the posted weight maximum; we like to have a little leeway just to be on the safe side. packing an RV to me is like packing a suitcase...ya may have to repack it a few times before you are happy enough to close the lid (door in the sense of the word) and be on your hopefully wonderful adventure. Sometimes, it's the planning that's the most fun, eventhough it can drive one nuts!

Happy Trails
Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
Retired, Rvers, Racefans
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote