View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David,
Just a few suggestions I wanted to pass along.
1- Do not get the generator in your 3400RL. Use that space for storage, plus you can buy a portable generator that will be able to power all the things you need if the time comes. The benefit to a portable generator is, you can haul it in your truck bed, thus not having that weight in your coach. (dont worry, you will use the additional weight for other things)
2- Unless you are going to be in extreme cold temps during the winter, I would also suggest foregoing the dual pane windows. There is not much added benefit vs. the weight they add. (that is from a Keystone Montana rep)
3- Use the additional weight you saved by not having the generator or dual pane windows and get the 2nd a/c. The temps here have been over 104 for the past 8 days. With both my a/c's running, the coach has held a very cool 70 degrees.
4- Get the hi-gloss, according to Charles Wade(a rep for Montana) and someone I trust, the hi-gloss adds an additional 250 lbs to the overall weight of a 3400RL. I do not have the hi-gloss and while my coach still looks really good, it has come at a price. The amount of time and effort needed to keep it up. The hi-gloss does not need as much wash/waxing as the standard filon.(in my opinion)
5- I think Carol has hit the nail on the head, "you do not need and cannot take the entire house with you in the rv". As you get started, you are going to learn what you use/need and what you can get rid of as you do not need or use it.

While these are MY OPINIONS, I thought I would share my 2cents with you.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote