View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #50
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, I use Outlook Express but Outlook should be similar. I used to have the same problem with getting email from my dialup ISP. Here's what finally solved it for me.

Go to Tools/Accounts/ and click on your isp account, click Properties. On the Servers tab, at the bottom, put a checkmark in the box that says "Server Requires Authentication". Bingo, for me anyhow.

A "low" wi-fi setting is still better than most websites can seem to deliver anyhow so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've had that same page not found problem sometimes and a reboot seems to fix it. I still don't know why. It happens only occasionally. If anyone knows the answer to this, please jump in. This happens maybe once every ten days or so for me. I just figured either some of the park's hardware was either briefly down or was at capacity. I really don't know.

Carol & Al, y'all (practicing my south'rn) drive safe. Glad to hear you're out of the ice and snow and hope this ice storm I'm hearing about isn't in the area you are in or going through.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote