View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
Tandem Axles 6000 lb

I don't get it? I have a 3400RL and the axles have stamped om them max 6,000 lbs ea. If the manf. says the trailers GVWR is 13,975 isn't the trailer exceeding the wieght of 12,000 lbs for the two axles. Is this legal? I had the post, on tires wearing on the outside and inside, you all gave me your ideas, which is great people helping people that is what life is all about, thanks ! It seems that the axles look good they are straight and camber checks out, it came down to air presure. The wear pattern indicates low air, which I run at 80 lbs. I am going to run 90 in them. They indicate on the tire you can run 90lbs on them. I am going to give this a try. My trailer on the axles when I wieghted it was 11,555 lbs. also wear do you get breakshoes, does anyone have a part number I need to check them out before I head to Arizona they have about 3
0,000 miles on them, I am wondering what the normal wear is? On my ford with the built in break control I started new at 4.5 and am now at 8.0 . Your input is very much appreciated, Louis
ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote