View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Cute, Pam! I could lose a thousand pieces and still have plenty left!

Jerry and Lisa, your 2009 model has the water lines in their own insulated channel in the belly, same as ours. There also is a furnace duct into the basement. Your low point drains are inside the water connection center. They do drain below the belly but it's where the valves are located that's important. Those valves and the lines above them are what you don't want to freeze.

The only thing you need to do is to make sure the furnace runs occasionally. We've been to 5 below a couple of times and single digits many times and 14 days where the high was 14 and not frozen up.

As for your water hose, either disconnect it or heat tape it. Insulation by itself will get you down to maybe the low 20's or possibly high teens, at best. With heat tape (plus insulation) we've been in those temperatures we mentioned and still had running water from the park's supply. However, I also had heat taped the park's above ground pipe and spigot head. Others here have been in even colder weather, successfully. If you do not plan to be there long or often, then I'd just fill the fresh water tank and disconnect the hose in freezing weather and use the pump for water. Refill the tank as needed.

But be sure the furnace runs occasionally to keep some heat in the belly. I also have a 60watt trouble light in the water connection center although we've also done fine without that. I only recently started using the trouble light, only because it gives me peace of mind.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote