View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Quote:
quote:Colleen,
I take it that you don't full time. We had State Farm and they dropped us when we went full time in our Montana back in 2000. They did the same thing in 1982 the first time we tried full timing. Every insurance company makes you purchase insurance for the vehicles pertaining to the state they are registered in (licensed). For example, we tried having Texas registration and use our son's address in Iowa, thus giving us the Iowa insurance rates. Nope! That's illegal and insurance companies are not required to pay if a person tries insuring that way.

Orv
We are not fulltimers Orv and probably will never get to that point. Saying that when I have said I will NEVER do something it has away of coming back to haunt me. We want to travel at some point, hopefully soon, but hubby is an insurance adjuster that stayed home this year due to lack of mean storms. We own a dog and cat boarding kennel that we are in the process of selling. Travel will start when the sale is final. I will drop State Farm long before they drop us. Texas allows companies to write an RV on an auto policy. I must dust off the insurance license and call the state board of insurane and ask a few questions. Each state is different on how they write coverages and what they cover on each policy. Hubby just loves it when he goes to a new state. He has to read lots of endorsements and declarations to make sure that things are covered. Lots of people get upset when they find out things aren't covered under their policy. All of it is in black and white... now understanding all of that stuff takes lots of questions. Example would be homes lost in Mississippi, is it wind or was it tidal surge. State Farm is being sued by no less than two Congressmen right now that say the wind took their homes and not the wall of water. Lots of people in New Orleans would have loved to have a Congressman that lived down the street from them so they could say the wind did it all.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote