View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #51
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Good to know the toner tool doesn't detect diplexers. The DTV install manual has a bold statement that diplexers will not work with SWM, Not a problem with my 2012 as it has dedicated coax for each type of signal.

I don't see any reason why Option #1 (PI before switch) wouldn't work. All of the DTV install manuals I have looked at show that as a viable configuration.

I have the PI and the HR34 Genie together in the entertainment center. This satisfies two needs for me. One, the PI is inside as required. Two, I have an inverter that feeds entertainment area with a dedicated circuit. The DTV receiver, PI, TV, Stereo all run off this circuit. If I were to put the PI in front of the splitter (which is in the convenience center) I would have had to add another circuit to the inverter.

The mini-Genie is in the bedroom and isn't used all that often. It is powered up separately if needed. It uses a small inverter
jf shore power isn't available.

There is no reason you can't connect all your mini-Genies to the switch regardless of the location of the PI. I only have one mini but I have connected a neighbor's DVR when he was blocked by trees.

It is too bad they went to diplexors as now the coax can either be either sat or antenna but not both. I like the ability to switch inputs between DTV and the OTA/cable coax.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote