View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
Troutn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21573
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
There are a couple of companies in Yuma, AZ who wash and hand wax 40' RVs for $120 (truck is $20 more). They are very popular and do hundreds of rigs each month during the winter season. They all use a pressure washer. Not to clean the RV, brush and soap do that, but to apply water to wet the RV and then rinse after the wash. They use a wide spread tip and it is held way away for the rig.

This is much like you would do at home with a hose. The difference is the water in Yuma contains high concentrations of salt. The vendors there bring a tank of Reverse Osmosis (RO) water which they use, via the pressure washer, as it is mineral free. It drys without spotting and doen't require wiping to dry it.
I had just watched a Youtube video with Mike Phillips. He was using a cannon-adapter onto your power washer. It really helps to soap up the coach and let the suds work away. In the past I have used a brush and applied the soap to the rv and then scrubbed it. I like his method better. Going to give it a shot. I think I am going to apply some heavier wax to the nose-so bug removal is easier.

Rick and Jeanne
2013 F350 6.7 CC LB SRW
2018.5 Montana 3791RD
Troutn is offline   Reply With Quote