View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #14
Montana Girl
Established Member

M.O.C. #21671
Love the 3820FK!

First and foremost congratulations, you've picked a great rig! I fell in love with it and had to have it! Ours is a 2018.
That front kitchen is killer. As you said no RV is perfect. We found that out fairly quickly, in our driveway thank goodness. I am not an electrician and in no way technical but I will tell you in layman's, woman's, terms the most important thing we ran into. We found very quickly that after having the refrigerator on and then turning on the overhead fan in the kitchen, (not the oven vent fan), the refrigerator would shut off and show an error code. When I Googled that code I ended up on this forum for the first time and someone else had ran into the same issue. The refrigerator and that over head fan were wired to the same circuit and when the fan went on the refrigerator shut off.
After several emails, phone calls and the little arm-twisting I finally got the dealer to send out a repairman who then just rewired it so they were not on the same circuit. But now, when the fan is on my electric blind doesn't come down. But that's easy enough to work around :-) Everyone I spoke to said they had never heard of this before. Why in the world isn't all the wiring for identical rigs done the same way?? We had a couple of other little glitches but nothing major and nothing that I feel would be common in all of these units. Except the little latch that holds the sliding door to the bedroom open while traveling is pretty cheesy. Ours came loose and therefore the door jiggled enough to break one of the latches in the sliding door. Now after replacing the latches we just support the bottom of the door while traveling. Good luck and I hope you love it as much as we do. And a big thank you to whoever found this problem and shared it on the forum prior to my needing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwi3288 View Post
Well I've been following the club for some time since we bought our Montana High Country and that was three and a half years ago today will be the first time I ever posted anything on the form. We've been full timing now for almost 4 years and we are upgrading our Montana High Country to a Montana 3820FK and I wanted to reach out to other Montana owners who have the same unit anything in particular I should look for in my new purchase keep an eye out for I'm pretty handy when it comes to fixing things I know there's no such thing as a perfect RV there's always something that needs to be tweet so share what you've learned and what you've done with it give me some heads up really love the club hope to make it to a rally one day right now we're were camping almost every summer
Montana Girl is offline   Reply With Quote