Thread: air bags
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
air bags

While pulling the new Monty I made observations and have more questions about air-bags. I took measurements and the truck squats about two inches when hooked up.I had been leaning towards the Timbren SES but I had a problem with the rear of the truck bed contacting the FW when backing My old Savoy into the driveway. My driveway slopes down from the road. And the road is coming down a hill and in the middle of a curve. It ocurred to me that without that 2 inch squat I might have the same problem with the Monty and would very much like to avoid that. To address the problem before I merely raised the hitch up and problem solved. If I install Timbrens on the truck I lose the 2 Inches and that may be a real factor with the driveway. The hitch will go up no farther and I prefer to leave the pin box were it is. My questions are to those who use air bags; (1) Is there significant improvement in handling and ride?(2) With the onboard compressor can you adjust the truck bed up or down To compensate for such situations?
One more note the truck handled surprizingly well considering the additional weight. And wth the long bed the 2 inches is not that noticable. (without the springs)

Thanks in advance for your input
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote