View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #26
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Keith,

I'm honestly going against the grain of public opinion here.
I have a BAL 3 leg tripod. I also have a rigid pin box. I will honestly say it will take out 50% of the movement front to back which is where I find most of my issues. It may be up and down but it is felt as front to rear.

I have to emphasize that I have a rigid pin box. Maybe if it was a morride or trailair I would not feel this way.

If I'm only going for a weekend then I will forego the tripod. But If I'm out for a week at a time it is a no brainer. I store it in the front storage compartment with the head behind the battery box. The three legs have removable pins to extend the legs with two chains to keep the three feet taught.

My wife has heavy feet and she says the same about me. So the jury is still out on who creates the most motion. I have drawn up plans to implement the equivalent leg to frame stablilzer. I just haven't got out the welder and plates to mount it up yet.

your mileage may vary. Mine came with the monty. But with the prices so low on the used market give it a try dependent on your pin box. Heck with all the bad reviews. Maybe you could borrow one from someone at a campground to try out.

Best of luck in all your travels.
Chris

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Keith Schweizer

I know this topic has been discussed in the past with comments being both pro and con as far as support on front end of fiver. I am wondering if one of the better tripod mounts will help in eliminating any of the movement/ shaking that is felt when someone else walks around in fiver. I wheel chock one side of trailer and put a tire x chock on other side. Any suggestions would appreciated.