View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Propane pressure was mentioned and is a possibility. Fan speed was mentioned and also is a possibility. One thing often overlooked is whether the battery can maintain sufficient voltage to the board. Even though you may be plugged into shore power the board still draws 12v from the battery. Just something more to check.

Also, we've had problems at times with spiders building webs in the gas tube behind the outside furnace cover and that can restrict the gas flow.

If you replace the board, I'd highly recommend you buy the Dinosaur brand board rather than replace with the same as the original. I am not sure the price but think they're very comparable in price. The Dinosaur is a much more reliable and longer lasting board.

Another time we had a problem very similar to yours. This may not even be close to your problem, though. In our case, it was actually the fan that shut down. That caused the (can't remember its name) valve to close which shut off the gas flow. It turned out to be a bad connection to a switch on the fan housing. You might try just wiggling the wires and see what happens. That's how I found out the problem with ours. That was about 3 years ago and we've had no further problems.

Good luck with yours. This kind of problem can be very frustrating, at least to me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote