View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #10
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
People complain often of holding tanks not closing properly. We had this problem on our previous (SOB) unit. I found a cheap and effective fix on a forum, which is a Valterra valve. You put it at the end of your dumping pipe by putting it where your end cap goes and the putting the end cap after the valve. We added one to our new Monty right after we bought it, more as insurance than anything.

DH keeps his tools in the truck or the basement storage, but one time we got stuck in our trailer because the door lock jammed up. This was two trailers ago. Since then we have kept a multi head screwdriver inside the trailer.

Yeah we have the Valterra Valve had it before Montana but issue was when we brought it home it worked, on the ride home 700 miles Keystone put valve between Tank and Rafter beam so bouncing caused valve to get stuck in the closed position. One CW dealer told me after arriving for our 3 week vacation just don’t use the galley sink” I was at a loss for words”.

After another CW swapped the valve by order of Keystone we are on but leave Factory grey valves open now and use Valterra to keep anything from coming out but thanks for the heads up.

I am going to order a replacement for my Black bc we don’t want issues with that one when on the road 🤦*♂️ Yuck 🤦*♂️
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote