View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #13
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
I have both a TC and 5th wheel. I'd have a really hard time giving up my TC. While I love the space/luxury of the Montana the TC is equal to those in simplicity and maneuverability. I don't have to worry about anything (except height) with the TC. Simply drive and get where I'm going. Once I get there, I can park or camp anywhere. When we bought our first 5th wheel I quickly found several of the state parks in the Eastern Sierras and a few of my favorite beach spots couldn't accommodate a large rig or if they could there were only a few sites large enough. So, I bought an old TC to see if I liked it. I did, so much so that I left my 5th wheel at my lot in Mexico as a weekend getaway. Fast forward several years. We decided to go fulltime and settled on our Montana. They are both so different It would be hard to give up either. If I had to chose one it would be the 5th wheel because it allows us to fulltime with much less risk of divorce . If we weren't fulltiming I'd have to give up the 5th wheel over the TC.

Now having guests is a whole other matter. I've spent two weeks twice in the TC with the wife and adult child. Every day I was willing to give up all the good stuff of the TC to get my space back in the 5th wheel.

Good luck with your choice.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote