View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #37
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLNTIME View Post
I have had a Class A with an Onan and if burned thru fuel. On the farm I have multiple generations from a 10K Lincoln welder/generator, three 5k generators and for the Montana I recently purchased two Predator 3500 generators to parallel. I placed them on a rack that goes into the receiver hitch. They do an amazing job, run both A/C's without any issues and sip fuel. They use less fuel than any generator's I have used. Quiet, can't hear them with the a/c's running or in the front bedroom. The rack is constructed in such a way that it provides very strong theft deference. If you need Onan parts, from my experience it takes a trip to the local Cummins dealer as Cummins owns Onan. Everyone has their own preferences, cost was not a determining factor in my decision, but after hours of diligent research I felt that there was no real value in spending anymore on units that will only run a very limited number of hours a year. So far they have far exceeded our expectations on reliability, ease of starting, fuel consumption, level of quietness, and the ability to power our unit.
Can you post a pic or 2 of the rack?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote