View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #15
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Pam
Only you can choose if an extended warranty is worth the cost.
I can tell you we are very happy with our XtraRide contract. We have made numerous claims in the 10 yrs of coverage, and we are about to renew again.
We full time, and when a grey tank failed, they paid the cost of having a tank made locally in 3 days, and we were back in our rig in 7 days. Instead of waiting a month (best dealer estimate) for a tank from Keystone that cost 80% less. And our contract pays for, I think, 7 days in a hotel. Two yrs later, the black tank failed, and we did the same thing again. You have to read the fine print, and know what is of value to you, like can you transfer it, the failed part due non covered part thing, being able to choose your own repair shop, etc. There may be other good products out there, I would not hesitate to recommend XtraRide to anyone.
I have to add that there are many shops who have not heard of this product, and will likely ask you you to pay them and deal with Protective yourselves. Just be sure you tell Protective when you call to open the claim, we have never had an issue with this, but you have to be prepared to front the $$.
-Steve
Ps You dont need this till the factory warranty runs out, and shop around, you may find a better deal on XtraRide than from your selling dealer, who may be making something on the warranty that he gave up on the trailer purchase. My renewal quote is 4yrs, $50 deductible, Ultimate coverage, for about $3050 Canadian, including a $200 premium as our rig is now over 10 yrs old.
sapest is offline   Reply With Quote