View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #32
print6800

M.O.C. #9754
Wow! I'm really amazed and grateful for all the great responses in just 24 hours. What a great forum.

I'm afraid that I just read one too many postings, on other forums, about getting into tight spots when driving and about not being able to get into some of the older parks.

DW and I have loved the 3400RL since we first walked into it. We're both very excited (and a touch nervous) about getting on the road with it next month. Yes, we do plan to stay mostly in RV parks. The DW loves to socialize (can you say talk?) and we both like to be active.

As for practicing towing, the DW and I took the monty to truck driving school the week after we picked it up. It was only a half day school, but the instructor was a long time semi driver who is also an RVer. We've since spent some time in a parking lot practicing what we learned. Our backing skills aren't a thing of beauty yet, but we're making progress.

Thanks to all for the insightful reply's. After reading about your experiences I once again feel confident we made the correct decision when we went "BIG". I'll try to keep all the great tips in mind when we hit the road.

print6800 is offline   Reply With Quote