Thread: Older Montanas
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #10
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
We bought our 04 2955 from the original owners. It was very well maintained. They never boondocked, only stayed in campgrounds. We primarily boondock, so I found out very quickly how flimsy the leaf spring shackles and suspension were built. I spent some good $$ having leaf spring hangers boxed in and 1 1/2" square stock welded from side to side. I still have the original roof, But I reseal all seams and flashing (never leaked yet). We added 400 watts of solar and 4 6v golf cart battery's. The only problems we have is the screws for the cabinet doors occasionally come loose and strip out. I use wood glue and toothpicks for that problem. I also replaced the boat anchor TV'S with flat screens. The living room TV I put a 3/8" thick piece of plywood on hinges so it's on the outside of the hole where the old TV was. This allowed me to bolt a bigger flat screen then what would have fit in the hole, then it allowed for storage where the old TV was. I couldn't be happier with it.