View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stimpy123

trlrboy,
I have an 09 3605Rl and have already replace all four marathons due to the edges all wearing out. I've kept the pressure at 80psi, and even had the axle alignment checked. The new marathons are wearing again in the same manner. Hopefully someone can give me some help at the spring MOC ralley in Kerrville, in March. I had those G614's on my SOB and never had trouble. I carried 110psi in them and they seemed to wear consistantly through the 1-1/2 we towed it around the country. I may have to go through the tire upgrade also. Did you upgrade the spoked aluminum wheels to steel? Do you carry 110psi in your tires?
If the tires are wearing on both the inside and outside edge of each tire, it is an indication of a couple possible problems. One is under inflation. Always check air pressure with the tires cold and periodically check your pressure gauge against another gauge to make sure it's reading correctly. Another cause of that type of wear is an over weight trailer. Get your trailer weighed, preferably by each axle if possible and compare the weight to tire ratings.

If on the other hand the tires are only wearing on one side each, it is a sign of a mis-aligned or bent axle(s).
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote