Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #53
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Well, we had our Black tank replaced on our late 2006 3400RL for $742.00. Dealer didn't tape the cuts in the underbelly black cover or foam caulk the pipe holes so I had them do that upon my inspection. I wasn't able to get a clear reason why they hadn't done that. Allot of babbling even after they told me how they were going to do all that before I authorized the work. Had asked them to save the old tank so i could see where it had cracked and they showed me a tank that had been backed into by a P/U was almost crushed. That really upset me and some nasty words were uttered. Made me very suspicious about the whole thing and still does. Anyway, we camped 4 nights within two miles of the dealer to check things out. Everything seems ok but I didn't fill the black tank all the way up either. Still quite concerned about another recurrence. Never was able to get them to tell me if the new tank was better than the first one. Hopefully at least that issue is resolved. Had the Dometic refrigerator recall work done at the same time. Two more issues to go which I'm hoping I can handle myself.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote