View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Installing the Mor/Ryde wet bolt kit

Couldn't figure out how many miles were on our old/new Monty, so I thought this would be a good thing to put on (after we'd put about 4k on it). Picked up the kit online at a bit of a discount. One of the brackets that attach to the rubber block was welded off center, but customer service at Mor/Ryde sent me two new ones (only needed one!) right away. Got to say they're right up there with Lippert in my book.

Finally started installing the kit. Everything's going well so far (Monty's jacked up, one side's wheels & shackles off and Mor/Ryde rubber block removed). The two plastic bushings I've removed didn't look all that bad, but I'm still happy they're gone.

The instructions are a little hard to follow, but I'm getting through them. Basically they tell you to take apart the center shackles and attaching brackets, remove the rubber block, and then assemble the new ones to the rubber block before putting it back into the frame bracket.

This wasn't as difficult as giving a Fiero an oil change, but getting the block's top fixing bolts out on the inside wasn't all that easy. Has anyone installed this kit and followed their instructions completely? Just asking . .