Thread: Solar advice
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #19
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
So a little update, I ended up buying the Renogy Pure sine 2000 inverter/charger, I decided to have it installed, since I'm still getting over a botched back surgery in Jan. that turned into 3 surgeries the last one in Feb. So that will be done in a few weeks, I'll keep you posted. But I wanted to talk about the LED 12 volt lights. They were $5 for 2 bulbs (I think they were 911's or something close to that. I can't remember right now. So I decided to try bulbs on amazon. I bought 30 leds for about $35 so I replaced 7 bulbs in the bedroom bath and shower area. Then in the kitchen/living room I left 8 of the old bulbs. Of course I couldn't find my amp meter but with 8 old bulbs on My volt meter at the cables on the controller dropped 2 volts, I turned lights off volt meter went up too volts. I then went upstairs and turned on the seven LEDS and my volt meter did not move. VERY IMPRESSED.
Mel