Thread: Slides stop,
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #44
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
JohnG3 If you are planning on replacing the circuit breakers, might I suggest you purchase the manual reset type, that way you will know if the current draw is exceeding the capacity of the breaker.

You also said "battery" was replaced, I assume you may then only have one battery. If that is the case even a new batteries voltage may drop sufficient during the process of putting the slides in or out to cause a higher current draw. I would use two batteries for sure.

It is too bad we cannot have a gauge at each hydraulic ram to measure the pressure, when the pressure at one of the smaller slides exceeds that required to move any other slide, the other slide will move a bit. Unless there is a major problem with a slide I would not worry about the small changes in the way they go in or out. There are points on the slide mechanisms that benefit from being lubricated with a dry lube, I would check those area's just to eliminate any possible binding there.

There have been some good points made in previous posts here, it is worth reading them again. Keep us up to date in what you find.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote