View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #33
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206

Well there seems to be a problem with the difination of “High End”.

I first heard this term from a company that only repairs RV’s they are not in the sales business.

After that while my Montana was in their facility getting $15,000.00 worth of work performed to repair roofing, florin etc. I spoke to insurance adjusters from Geico and Progressive. That is where the term came from they are very clear about who has good quality and who doesn’t. By the way these adjuster were also clear that all of the work I was having performed was the result of improper assemble at the manufacturer.

Of the four units I am referring to two of them use a box frame and deliver the unit with the IS suspension. These suffer 0 frame problems. One of them uses the same frame as Keystone but put the better Dexter axel under it and the IS suspension again 0 frame problems. The forth one I haven’t been to their facility yet but they are very clear that they don’t use the same venders.

Now for water leaks The two Midwest companies use a system at the end of the production to “pressurize” the trailer so the can check for leaks. These two have 0 water leak problems.

There is no excuse for Keystone delivering trailers with faults like the waste tank level indicator probes installed in the tanks “up side down” or with the bottom probe that is supposed to be 1/3 up from the bottom being only 1 inch above the bottom ant the top probe being 1/3 down from the top. This kind of thing indicates a very big gape in quality control.

Then there was the use of self-drilling metal screws to fasten the wall to the roof. They don’t work in wood. When Keystone refused to pay to correct this problem telling me “no one else has that problem” I produced 4 other Montanans with the same problem that they had repaired the comment was “we don’t cross reference that kind of thing”. This statement alone shows a total disregard for quality control.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote