View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If you already have the shocks then leave them. Your trailer body will appreciate it.

The wet suspension only improves the longevity of your suspension shackles especially if you do a lot of sharp turns. The suspension undergoes tremendous stress on turns such that this causes a stock/dry suspension system to wear quickly. After three years my suspension was showing some wear. I have installed the wet system and will monitor for improvements.

I don't have shocks but wish I did. I would also like to improve the suspension further. As was explained to me a trailer goes through perpetual earthquake as it bounds down any (rough) road, dip, railroad track, animal carcass, okay, I'll stop. Shocks can't help but soften the ride. There are also many other improvements that can be added to the trailer to help the ride of the trailer and the attached TV. These do NOT improve the weight ratings, in fact they decrease the CCC because they add to the weight of the rig, but they do improve the ride and vastly lessen wear and tear.

So, keep the shocks, upgrade the suspension and keep shopping for improvements. You'll find others.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote