View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Changing brands... Montanas and Keystone.

(We know that the forums are where members will tell you how they really feel about their RV).

Like yourself, we are long time fulltimers and we have owned and lived in a lot of
different models and makes over the years.

Last year, we too wanted to change our home as our old one did not fit in our plans
We looked and looked. We found the 3500rl Montana. We found one on the dealers
lot that we liked, she loves. That is what is important. The dealer fixed it up as we
wanted it , with all the options chosen by us.

We bought it, picked it up the next day. Upon returning to our park.at the time, spending
the next day "moving in", I discovered the following that need "fixin".
Toilet bowl would not hold water. Called Keystone service, very nice man gave me phone
number for SeaLand, called and to my surprise, lady kindly acknowledged the problem, sent
me a replacement kit to solve that problem. Three days later,it was fixed. NO CHARGE !

Six months later, we had a propane valve go bad. Call my friendly dealer from 500 miles away.
Explained my problem to him, two days later by UPS, I had a new valve. NO CHARGE!

Couple of weeks ago, our Apollo micorwave just up and died. Did not know it was even sick!
Thanks to a member , we found the phone number and a ladys name on here, called her up,
explained the details, 4 days later by UPS, I recieved an new microwave. NO CHARGE !

We move monthly or even every three months and during our moves, we never stay in parks
in route. We have pulled her over 10,000 miles coast to coast, Mission tires and all, from
altitudes of sea level to 10,000 ft. Never had moisture, heat or cold problem.

The slides opening is not our thing. We can get to our toilet and our bed when overnighting
. Those are the important items to us. Having the room we have is our premium. Owning a Montana
has it's downside also.

Over the past year, it has become somewhat of a problem in that a tremendous amount of people
have asked to see our home, supposedly due to the knowledge of rvers and the reputation that Keystone
and Montana has achieved. It has become a nuisance, although we have met some very nice people
as a result.

Keystone has been tremendously helpful and kind to us and our friends who live in their Montanas.
We believe, after living in most brands, that Keystone and Montana have had the biggest influence
in our fullfillment of life as regards to living arrangements.

Our rear living is our home, our bedroom with the king bed is our den. The kitchen has everything
that we need to enjoy life . With the problem free Montana and the floor plan of our home, we miss
nothing , nor want for anything else.

Examine all the brands and models and I believe you will find the Montana to exceed all expectations.

FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote