Thread: California DMV
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
California DMV

I am not certain how true this is but I saw on the RV Net the following post.
The poster wrote: "Well today I received a notice from the DMV today requiring me to send in a required medical questionnaire form (not a physical), just questionnaire to fill out and send in by a certain date. "It is required for drivers of firefighting vehicles, Fifth-wheel travel trailers, Hazardous Agricultural Materials and non commercial Class A vehicles". "A DL 546 is required or your privilege to drive the above specified vehicles may be invalid."

I've known about this for some time being a former firefighter , but it looks like the DMV is finally catching on the fithwheel thing lol. Yep since I have a fifth wheel registered out goes my notice.

Anybody else in Calif. get one yet?? The letter also states that anyone "who operates a a Housecar over 40' in length must submit a medical examination form DL 51 or a physicians health report from DL 546A". Further in the post it states that anyone towing a 5th wheel over 10000 lbs must have this endorsement to their class C license.

Has anyone else here heard of this??????????
I have a class C and previously I was advised that you were fine with it up to 15500 on a 5er.
Wanting to know looks like California is up to it again. Nice timing too.

Bob
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote