View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I have had a Navien CR-210 Tankless Hot Water heater in my stick house for almost 2 years, I have 2 1/2 Baths, dishwasher, washing machine etc..., have never had any problem with using multiple draws at once, (my son likes to take 45 minute showers), the unit is variable output, so if you are using less than maximum output it runs at a lower heat rate. I live in the Central New York "Frigid Zone", it's 0 Degrees outside right now, and is going to minus 15 tonight, and we have had over 9 feet of snow since the 1st week of December, I have not noticed any measurable drop in the temp of the water heater output during the winter months, (I have the heater set at 125 degree output (mostly because thats what my previous heater was set on) it is incredibely efficient, cutting my gas bill by at least 1/3, I got it for almost free, as the local utility offered a $500. rebate, and the Federal Tax Credit is good for 30% of the install price (up to $1500.). The heater had to be installed by by a registered, and licensed company, my brother is a Licensed Master Plumber, so I bought the unit through him, (about $1200 with the needed accessories, paid him $200 to install it, got $500 rebate from the utility, and over $500 tax credit, as my brother gave me a receipt for the real cost of unit, and installation: about $1600.). I have been researching the RV units myself, and if I need to replace the RV HW Heater I would definitely go for it,

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote