View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I had done a ton of research on tankless water heaters for our summer mobile home. They come in natural gas, propane and electric although from what I read, electric was not highly rated. It seemed like the perfect application for us. The one problem for us is water pressure especially on the three holiday weekends in the summer.

From what I learned, the ignition of the heater comes from flow and pressure. Without sufficient flow, you get no ignition thus no hot water. Before I made my final decision I had a plumber come out that regularly installs these units. He confirmed my fears and would not recommend it unless we had good consistent flow and pressure. The tank manufactures have these specs on line in the installation manuals so it is possible to check out the specs in advance. The tests were simple measuring volume/time.

Since we travel with the Monte, we have been at some parks that had very poor flow & pressure. In these parks, I'd worry about not having hot water. If you don't have these issues, I imagine the tankless would be fine. I am certainly no plumber....perhaps some experts can help.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote