View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #38
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
FWIW, I had 2 Montanas. Lots of problems - leaking tanks, failed landing gear (multiple times), poor attention to detail on fit and finish, multiple failed OEM tires, and numerous other small issues. When we decided it was time for a new rig (because I had little faith my tanks weren't done leaking), I tried a higher priced SOB with a few more features. After 2 years, I'd say things are better, but not by much. Had leaking tank connections, failed fridge, leaking Level Up, horrible tank smells in the rig. Fit and finish is better, but not by much. Overall, it is evident to me after owning 3 different brands of trailer is that there is an industry wide problem with quality control. And that is that there is no quality control! We have friends who bought a $400K motorhome who have been back to the factory for multiple fixes in 2 years. Seriously? How do they get away with this stuff? I guess as long as we keep buying, they will keep producing faulty products.

Bottom line - pick a rig with the floor plan, features, and price that fit your needs. Expect problems. Find a good repair shop or learn to fix things yourself. Enjoy yourself.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote