View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #9
SuzanneH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21263
We get doggie daycare if we are really worried that we will be gone a long time (over 4 to 5 hours) or if there is any chance we might want to be gone longer. It is super easy to take advantage of doggy daycare--they are almost everywhere and easy to find if you google "doggie daycare near me". You will need your shot records. We keep ours in the glove box so that we can't forget it!

It is really important for you to know for sure if your dog is barking while you are gone. When you see rules at parks about "no dogs to be left unattended" I suspect those CG owners have had to field complaints of barking dogs and are tired of dealing with it. (I can testify it can be very frustrating to have a next door neighbor with an incessant barker and be unable to help the dog who is stressed!) But most importantly, if your dog is that anxious, it is almost cruel to subject them to that level of anxiety for hours and hours.

Our dog is (fortunately) NOT a barker. So we feel very comfortable when we do decide to leave her. We try to get her to a dog park and help her get a good play in prior to leaving her home alone. And we often bring her a treat when we return, which seems to please her immensely.
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote