View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 10:04 AM   #1
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Prime Mover (Tow Vehicle)

I see many members with F250 PSD trucks. I am curious about how they are set up. I special ordered mine with 2WD, short bed, 6-speed manual, Lariat, 6-CD changer, 6-way adjustable heated seats for driver & passenger, camper package, and trailer towing package.

After I put about 10,000 miles on it, I swapped out the exhaust for a 4" system (similar to Banks), PAC brake, 4" high volume air intake and filter, and, to cap everything off, a Diablo selectable super-chip. The chip is programed for 1) Ford stock, 2) plus 38 foot-pounds of torque, or 3) plus 76 foot-pounds of torque. I also added an exhaust gas temp guage and boost pressure guage to the left-hand colume. I am averaging over 20 mpg (without the fiver) and over 13 mpg with the 2955RL. None of the options I put in voids the warranty. I bought Ford's Extended Service Plan (ESP) which covers oil changes, lubes, and all the rest for 6-years or 100,000 miles.

My hitch is a Pullrite 20K Superglide. It is a b... to get in and out of the truck, so I plan to leave it in and put the camper topper over it. I love the way it works, though.

Looking forward to seeing how other fivers have their tow vehicles set up.

Happy New Year to all.

Brad & Carol Lasater
2003 2955RL
2003 F250 2WD Lariat, 7.3L PSD, 6-spd manual, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Pullrite 20K SuperSlider, Prodigy Controller
Omaha, NE
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote