View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Poor Rich!!

When it gets below 80 you must put on a sweater?? And, get out of the flip flops and into some socks??

Our propane bill for the stick built for 1 month and 3 days, January 13 to February 16, or something like that, exceeded $430.00, like you said it was a tad cold up here. And, I was chilly and cold much of that time, my stick built ooozes coolish air at least as badly as you say your unit does.

My dishes in the stick built have been very cold this winter.

When we get to use Tana: the cold floor in the units we fight with throw rugs and socks and slippers.

The draftiness we fight with layers of clothes and when we get really cold, we grab a blanket or two, a dog or two and take a nap.

I will say, that mostly we are fairly comfy in our Tana, down to around 32ish. After that, the drafts start getting uncomfy/noticeable. We have the storm door thingy that Al made in and truth is, we never take it out, we have the main door open from temps around 45 to 85, either side of that, it is too extreme, and we must close the main door.

We do leave a ceiling vent open about 1/2 inch pretty much any time the air conditioner is NOT running, so, when the air goes off, for any extended amount of time, the vent gets opened. When we are in temps that require heat, that vent stays open 24/7. The humidity that builds up otherwise actually makes us mucho colder.

And, you know all this!

Sorry you did not get the warm and toasty option!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote