View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Check your spare tire

While traveling recently we came across an older couple with their fifth wheel at the roadside. I went over and introduced myself and asked if they were ok. They were waiting for the tow truck to tow them to town for two new tires and a rim. Apparently what had happened, was earlier that day the spare tire became loose while traveling and got to a point where spare tire met pavement. It tore the whole under carriage, spare tire mount and wasted the spare. After mending the 5'er for travel, they continued on and shortly later had a major blow out that took out another part of the rig. Now with no spare and a blow-out they were at a point of disbelief. I felt they were safe and were going to be ok with the tow truck coming, so we wished them well and hoped they get through the ordeal ok. Another member mentioned this condition happening in an earlier post, so I thought I would remind everyone to CHECK YOUR SPARE TIRE while traveling. The earlier post mentioned placing a strap across the spare in case it should come loose. I put two, in case one snaps. Happy Trails.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote