View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Rodger,

Here is what I posted a few weeks back... might help. I use to have Irish Wolf Hound... great dogs with children.

Quote:
quote:When I went to pick up my Monty after spending 3 weeks at Camping World for warranty work, the battery was dead. They didn't turn the battery disconnect off, and left it out in the snow. Since the battery was so far gone, the fuse on the truck blew because it exceeded the amps. There is a Maxie fuse (fuse box behind air filter). They are not label so you need to get the Owners manual out to find the correct one. I went to Autozone, and they were all out of 30A Maxie fuses, so I had to buy combo box which had the fuse in it. The box also had a fuse puller and tested (neat little tool), which will tell you if the fuse is good without removing it.

As someone else said on the Ford, there is a relay and relay fuse under and to left of steering wheel. But the Maxie fuse protects the wire, and it sounds like to me you have a blown Maxie fuse. A dead or really low battery, will blow that fuse pretty quick, which is what happened to me. I carry an extra now. With the engine running, and no lights or brakes on, you should have only one pin that is hot on the plug (about 1pm if key is up.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote