View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 12:04 AM   #14
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
The basic difference between Bob's install and mine was I dropped the coroplast and marked where I wanted the angle iron then reinstalled the coroplast then installed the braces. I then tapped my boards in place between the brace and coroplast then drilled a couple of holes in each brace where there were blocks between the coroplast and brace then installed short wood screws through the brace into the wood being careful not to go completely through the wood into the tank. If you have a floor jack then this will help you hold the braces up and also when reinstalling the coroplast by using a small piece of plywood on the saddle of the jack and reinstalling a section at a time. This mod is more for safety than convenience and everyone who has a Montana needs to do this. It certainly gives me piece of mind. Because of Bob and Richard I decided to do this and it only takes 2 or 3 hours. I'm sure there are several ways to do this but most importantly just do it. P.S. Bob is correct in that you do need to wear safety glasses because of metal shavings. Good Luck.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote