View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Loose screws and water regulators

I finally have all the stripped screws repaired on the kitchen and entertainment center cabinets. Screws seemed to have a good bite after filling the screw holes with wood glue, then inseerting as many toothpicks as I could get (3)in each hole and then letting them dry for a few days. Then drilled a pilot hole for each screw slightly smaller than the shank of the screw threads. Each screw tightened up nicely with a hand screw driver. Will see if these hold until we get into a warranty repair facility.

However, a funny observation was made a few hours later. We have had a screw put aside that we found in the RV but couldn't figure out where it came from. Well, tonight I found where it came from. Two screws have come loose and are completely missing on the inside of the entrance door handle/latch. So now I can re-insert one and will have to find another matching screw at a harware store I guess.

I'm beginning to think I have a full time job replacing loose screws in this 3400RL! :-) It is starting to become hillarious. Hopefully I won't have many more loose screws to repair when we do our 1600 mile return trip. At least I'll have local dealers to go to.

We have had a water pressure regulator on our RV that we bought from our original Montana dealer. We have had more than our fair share of leaking and busted pipe connections but in addition we found the water pressure regulator reduced the water flow so much it was annoying. So I went looking for a better regulator at Camping World and didn't like the looks of the adjustable ones but then found a Hi-Flow one made by
Valterra. www.valterra.com. Part number A01-1113VP On sale for $10 so tried it. It works a whole lot better than our previous one at 45PSI. We will see how long it lasts with the high salt content water we have here. I have a water filter ahead of the regulator as well. The water pressure/flow problem may now be solved, at least for awhile.

Slowly getting rid of some of the annoying issues.

Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote