View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
OK guys here is the update and some info if you find yourself in the same pickle barrel. I was able to find that the replacement aftermarkets are Monroe Gas Magnums #555001. The compressed length is 7.875" and the extended length is 11.875, same as the China shocks. The compress length is important because even with jacking the trailer up to extend the springs you'll never get them in if they were any longer. Remember I am in Mexico but I did finally find a source for the Monroe’s here, they wanted for me to pay the $90 shipping from LA, $100 customs fees here and $60 bucks per shock. So after the "price shock" wore off I returned to my "Man Cave and RV storage" pulled out the welding machine, a stud out of my junk drawer and steel collar. By submerging the shock in a bucket of water, exposing only the area I was welding on, I welded the stud and collar to the top of the broken shock. This will get me back to Tucson where I can get a whole set of four for $23 apiece. Again thanks to all in the MOC. Wife and I will be departing Puerto Vallarta again mid-March and heading to Ocala Florida where we will do our first Work Camping job. Hope to meet some members enroute.

Tony & Ann
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote