Thread: Bird Brain
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 03:25 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I will try to be nice..We have a cockatoo by the name of dusty otherwise known to me as 'the stupid bird" We have had the bird since it was hatched and it bonded to Helen, sees me as competition and will attack (me ) to protect her.It is fine and lovable with everyone else and loves kids.We have the same pink water bottle as Joyce and it works ..anything pink will shut it up.We are ordering a 3400RL and deleted one Recliner and the table and lamp.The Bird cage will go in that corner. I will find a way to attach it to the floor. We use a smaller travel cage for travel in the truck that is why we have Crew Cab.The cage had to fit in the back. THEY CAN BE VERY LOUD..VERY LOUD.ear plugs are a necessary item.They are IMHO great traveling companions and less trouble than other pets.

Helen here (Rich's wife). What he said... about Dusty... right on. There is one caution, however... some states are very funny about bringing a bird across the border. While there aren't usually any border check points, they do have a good reason. Some states are "quarantine" states because of bird diseases and do not permit birds in or out of the state. ALWAYS have a current health certificate. Should anyone pitch a fit about the noise, animal control can come to your door and confiscate the bird if it doesn't have a health certificate from your vet. Also, do some advance research for a avian vet in the area where you will be staying. Regular vets can do some things but avian vets are more useful. Any other thoughts?
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote