View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Let's talk about generators

I can't decide which way to lean here. I don't know if 2 smaller units that I can link together or one bigger unit would be smarter. I hate to carry the weight of a larger unit if I won't be needing my A/C. On the other hand, the larger units are less expensive than 2 smaller units of equal output.
Then there is the option of a built-in. I know NOTHING about getting a built in. I'm guessing it can be added reasonably easy? Is it a DIY type of add-on? Any downsides to a built-in? I had one guy that had a propane fueled Onan tell me a few years ago that he would never do that route again. I dunno why.

I currently have a Yamaha 2400IS inverter model that I love. This unit ran the A/C of my last Komfort trailer I had. The problem is, their current model of this gen. set won't link up together with my older model. I would have to buy 2 new models, or look for a used older one to go that route.
I can also get a pretty nice deal on a new Honda, as I work for a place that sells them. The EU 3000IS would be my choice.

I've also heard there are portable gen. sets that have remote control starting now. That would be really sweet, as the big advantage of a built-in, is not having to go outside in the cold to start the dang thing!
Any thoughts or input will be appreciated.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote