View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
JNG3455SA
Established Member

M.O.C. #12231
A newbie to MOC, but heavily used a smaller TT for years. I stored it at my deer camp in Mississippi with full time electric and sewage. Didn't much worry about security as there was someone around most of the time. For long term storage, cleaned the refrigerator and propped open the doors, disconnected water,drained pipes and water heater, RV antifreeze in the pipes, faucets open, radiant oil heater on low, all cabinets left open particularly in the kitchen and bathroom, disconnect and service battery and put it on a trickle charge. The only real problem I had was a dirt dobber nest in the AC unit. Turned it on over a weekend trip in the summer and I thought it was going to shake off the roof. Turned out to be dobber's nest in the fan. Easy to find and fix, but thereafter keep the AC units covered. We get very little snow, but lots of rain and there were many trees. Made a point of visiting at least once a month to sweep or wash the roof. All this said, take the advice already provided in the previous posts and use common sense. In my opinion overkill is better than underkill.
JNG3455SA is offline   Reply With Quote