View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Greetings From SE New Hampshire

Eric and Tina here. This is our fifth RV. Started with a Kodiak Hybrid, went to a 29' Springdale, to an Outback 31RQS, to an Outback 325FRE Fifth Wheel and now we are picking up our 2015 Montana 3750FL this weekend, 1/24/15...

Well, sorta! See there is this snow storm coming up the coast and I am not planning on towing this new unit back home in 25 MPH gusts and heavy wet snow. So depending on road conditions she just may stay parked at Camping World of Chichester until the weather clears.

We are both very excited about our new toy and look forward to keep up with our aggressive "campering" as my wife calls it.

We are active members of Dog and Trailer.com and usually make 2 or more rallies with those folks a year. They are a great group of people and we have a large cross-section of RV's represented.

A good number of those members were (and some still are) original members of Outbackers.com (Outback Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel owners). Keystone RV followed us on one of rallies to Acadia National Park. The video the did is still on Youtube. I think it is titled Outback Owners Rally.

Anyway, my wife and I are heavily into getting out and about. We have been as far south a Virginia, as far north as Acadia National Park, and as far west as Iowa.

We have hit a number of great places including Gettysburg, Washington DC, The White Mountains of NH (that's our backyard) West Point, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Virginia Beach, many places along the Maine coast including Portland, Scarborough, Old Orchard Beach, Booth Bay, and Acadia. We enjoy many places in Massachusetts including the Cape, Vermont, New York, and we are still exploring our great Granite State of New Hampshire.

We have used our RV's as step of pads for things we want to do. We try to include a historical land mark at least once a season and have seen some great things, met some great people and made friends that we look forward to seeing every year. They truly have become extended family.

We have laughed together, hiked, biked, and toured together and we have cried together too. But the constant binding thing has been friendships with no strings attached. No matter ones background once settle in on a site and gathered 'round a campfire we are all the same.

I have done some blogs in the past and those blogs have migrated from one website to another. Once I get my "feet wet" if they are applicable then perhaps I will share them here as well.

I am retired Navy. Finished my 21st year as Aviation Electricians Mate Chief Petty Officer in 2003. I now work at Nuclear Power Plant as a Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls Technician. Tina is an Administrative Assistant but that title hardly describes what she is responsible for! She works for Lonza taking care of records and electronic work packages for the manufacturing side of the business (aside from other things) in NH.

I have a daughter, Erin, than graduated from VA Tech (Go Hokies!), a son Ian who is studying Engineering in Norfolk VA. and a Step Son who goes into the Navy April 2nd as a Nuclear ET (Electronics Technician). Then our last kid is Tobey. He's a Sheppard, Australian Cattle Dog mix. He has three speeds. Eat, Sleep, and Play!

So here we are, and there ya go. You know a little bit about one of us as new Montana owners. Hope to pick your brains when I have a question, bring a chuckle when I can and hope to see you out there some day!

Eric (egregg57)
egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote