Thread: Quality
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #19
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Hi Rich,
My point is things change fast when the profit is below budget. I have never had issue with any of the other vendors that are covering their portions of the 1 or two years of warranty. So Dometic and the appliances are fine. It is only the coach issues that are really bad where Keystone has to pay the service hourly rate. My Owner Relations guy actually said he could not believe one of the Keystone CS reps disavowed .3 hours of labor to adjust the flame in the water heater considering the size of my file the complaints. This is also the first extended warranty I have ever purchased. My wife says I no longer have to have a trailer full of tools and spare parts and will no longer spend $10,,000 annually on Motor Home maintenance.

My issues all so far have been with the Build Team and the final checkouts. The only parts that have needed replaced are a window that was scratched, and a window shade with a hole. The rest of the issues were all caused by poor installation except for the design defect where my rear roof ac condensation will never drain into the gutters and will have to be watched to make sure I never get water intrusion into the roof or rear panel. If it had not been for the Air conditioning not working I might have fixed all the issues myself as many others do. We are not yet ready to start full time on the road again so I had the time to have the dealers fix it. It has cost me about $1,500. to do so making 3 payments with it sitting in the shop most of the time and me calling and emailing them every other day or so since 2 June. I hope they get it back by September.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote