View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #31
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by greische View Post
I just ordered 235/80R16 Sailuns last week. They arrived in 2 days. Manufacture date on the tires is 1419 so I consider that to be as fresh a tire as you could get. I have a question on my factory wheels. I have an early 2018 High Country with load range E tires (they started putting the F range on them a few months after mine was built. The 2018 brochure shows rims to 110PSI. The early brochure shows no PSI rating. I called Keystone and they were less than helpful (girl on the phone actually reprimanded me for "attempting to modify their trailer". I called back and had someone tell me the wheels will hold 95PSI (which is the PSI rating of the F range tires they are now putting on the HC, so that was a safe answer). My wheels are 8 lug and have full steel valve stems. I think I found the company name who made the wheels but I was just looking to see if someone out there in Montana land knows where I can find the details on the wheel without having to jump through all these hoops. Thanks
She just doesn't know her product very well and should let someone with more experience answer questions she knows little about. A ST235/80R16 is a designated tire size. Load ranges are just degrees of load capacities that designated size can be built to support.

The vehicle manufacturer is supposed to be able to accurately answer questions about the tires and wheels sold on their vehicles. However, the wheel manufacturer MUST answer those questions about their wheels and are required to put their company name on the wheels so you can contact them with such questions. Do you know who the OEM provider was? Most of them have that info in PDFs on the internet.

Wheels do not have to support the maximum load capacity the tire can support. But, they are required to support the GAWR capacity of the axle they are fitted to.
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote