View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Dave, I had the same concern when I installed mine. In talking to the Timbren people they suggested I not use the spacer. That kept the timbren off the axle except when the bed was loaded. The only time I bottom out when empty is if I hit a pretty good size chuck hole. Other then that no effect on the unloaded ride. Jim
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Nowlin

I had Timbrens on my 2006 King Ranch. My wife liked the ride of my 2011 King Ranch much better than the 2006. Then I bought and installed Timbrens on it and she began complaining about the ride when running with no load in the bed. It didn't dawn on me at first that it was the Timbrens. I bought and installed Firestone air bags and my wife liked the ride of the truck once again. I later bought a wireless compressor and mounted it above my spare tire. I really love the ability to effortlessly control the air bag pressure to tune it to different load conditions. I have a virtually new set of Timbrens for a 2011 F-250 that I will never use again. Anybody want to mess up your unloaded ride and make me an offer on them?