View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #14
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Here's the latest update. I drove the 400 miles last Sunday and spent the night in a hotel in CA..... Makes me appreciate RVing even more!! Went to the Dealership first thing Monday a.m. and did the P.D.I., signed the paperwork and took delivery of the new Mountaineer... The dealership treated me great, the rig was clean as you would expect. The only issue I found was the auto fantastic fan in the living area would not turn on. A tech had it fixed in a matter of minutes (loose connection) I then followed a deliver driver who towed the fiver to the AZ border where I actually took delivery of it. Finally around 8 p.m. it was hooked to my truck and I was off the remaining 200 miles to home. I wasn't on the freeway 1/2 mile and noticed how much nicer this rig pulls compared to my old travel trailer. Now I know why people love towing a fifth wheel so much compared to a TT. Arrived home around 11:30 p.m. and left the rig on the street hooked to my truck in front of the house. The next morning was pretty exciting for the kids to wake up and see the beast parked out front. We were all so excited we whipped some coffee and bagels and had breakfast in the fiver....Life is good.. When I get some time I will take pics and get them posted. Thanks for all the encouraging words through this process...Best regards...Bruce
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote