View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
I got this call this morning!!!!

And the man said “I hear you have experience with heavy equipment?”

Well after I found out his assistant manager had given him my name and my son gave him my phone number we continued the conversation.

We went on with the conversation he insisted I come and look at his facility and his small tractor to see if I would be able to help him.

So I got direction a 43 mile drive and the last 5 miles of a gravel road that had the ranch name on it.

This is a medium size ranch only about 3,000 acres the Deseret ranch is 540,000 acres.

Well I drove out there and his facility is quite nice for a ranch repair shop, and well equipped.

I looked at the small tractor.

;

The story is he had a mechanic that was working for him and disassembled the tractor for repair. Then had a death in the family and never came back.

Next he had a mobile repair service come and take the parts away to clean and prepare them for installation. They have been put off for several weeks by this fellow so they are going to recover the parts.

It looks like a fun project so I agreed when he gets the parts back and a manual for the tractor I will give it a try.

THEN he says our big tractor needs some hydraulic lines replaced and a muffler, would you be interested in taking a look at that.

The big tractor was out working on the far side of the ranch so it will be a while before I see it.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote