View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What happens if the primary driver(say the guy) becomes disabled and can not drive. Something as simple as twisting your driving ankle or breaking your glasses and you can not see a thing. Helen is a much better navigator than I as filing flight plans and reading maps is what she did for a living. I on the other hand never know where I am going. Both of us can do everything, that includes hooking, un hooking, doing all the outside set ups, dumping etc. It is comforting to me to know I need not be anywhere near the 3400 to get it set up. Helen knows and can do everything any Rv'er should know how to do and that is how it should be. I do not think I have backed into our Driveway at home 10 times over the last 20 years. We are on the road a great deal and it only makes sense that both can keep us there if needed. Unless there is a physical problem the ladies are just as capable as any guy to do all the RV things. Neither one of use is just along for the ride. I tell the story of us taking the 3400 in to the dealer for repairs. I went inside to do the paperwork and noted that 4 or 5 guys were looking out the window into the lot. It was Helen unhitching the 3400 unaided. One of then said..Is that your wife out there. Yes said I..is she done???
another said ..You let her do that.. No, said I..she just does it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote