View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #26
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Fred S … Correct Track will not address toe or camber issues … CT only adjusts alignment of one axle to another and together to the frame. Incorrect camber or toe has to be fixed by an alignment shop or replace the axle which has no guarantees it is per spec.
HBLICK48 … placing an angle horizontally across the center of both tires should not show continuous contact as in that case you'd have no toe in which an axle in correct alignment has. Without say @1/8" of toe-in … a trailer will tend to follow any crown of the road. Camber for the street side vs. the curbside is slightly different … I'd guess that would be a bit hard to determine with a bubble level. I understand it worked for you, but I'm just pointing things out for others.
Last but not least … if you've ever traveled behind an RV delivery driver (if you can keep up) you'll see that alignment before it leaves the factory would in many cases be futile. Most have two speeds … stop and wide open … most make any turn they feel like curb or storm drain be damned.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote